Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Live, enjoy life, love the Lord, your family and your neighbor.

Below is a small excerpt from Episode 8 of the Study of 1 Peter; Listen here:

The reason for conducting ourselves in fear is, the One we call Heavenly Father judges everybody by the same measure. We all know what our deeds say about our hearts right? We have all probably heard the sayings “actions speak loader than words”, “People will know us by our fruits” right?

Jesus used the same word for fear when He said, Luke 12:4-5 “I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have no more that they can do. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!" I don’t know about you, but this cause a little fear in me.

I am sure we can all agree that our deeds say a lot about our heart; even if you are not a Christian you probably think this. We don’t know a lot of really good people that just do bad things, nor do we know a lot of bad people that do really good things. Just to be clear here, I am not saying our works or deeds save us. There is only one thing that the Bible tells us will save us and that is Faith in Jesus Christ, but there is also one standard of judgment, our deeds.

If you think about it and realize that we going to be judged according to our work, then you are going to watch what we do. We should be afraid to do evil. We should be afraid not to do good on earth. Someday, we are all going to stand before the judgment seat of Christ and give an account for what we have done.

My friends, this “Hide and seek” of sin is not a game we can win with God. He sees all, he knows all, He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the maker of Heaven and Earth and everything in it. You cannot hide from Him and He knows every hair on your head and every thought in it. This is why you need to fear God. This is not Santa Clause we are dealing with, though we may think of Him that way sometimes.

God does love you, but we should not live as if the blood of Christ sacrificed for us was not something of infinite value. Live, enjoy life, love the Lord, your family and your neighbor. Put others before ourselves and we will be good.

I’ll leave you with two verses to read:

Deuteronomy - 10:12-13 And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?

Psalms 86:11- Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

No comments: