Friday, January 16, 2009

The best Friday ever.

So today I am up at 5am, I shower, get dressed, and shuffle out the door to the commuter lot. In my still asleep mind, the thought…no wait, dream crosses my mind, “Should I drive in, it’s like 100 below zero and FRIDAY!”

I decide to drive to WAWA to get coffee and try and wake my mind up to make a decision. For those readers who are not familiar with WAWA, it is THE BEST gas station ever with great coffee and pretty good food. I don’t know I’m American, I love stupid things.

Anyway, I have coffee now, but can’t drink it because it is 200 degrees. I think I ate a bagel sandwich-yes I know, I said my mind was sleeping. I drive back to the commuter lot, get out, stand in line, get in a car, 45 minutes later I’m on 14th and New York ready to start my walk west down Pennsylvania Avenue. Yes, the same location as the Bologna mystery of a previous blog, also the new address of the soon to be President Obama, maybe you have heard of him.

So now it is a brisk 10 degrees with about a 10 mile an hour wind in my face…so if my math is correct that comes out to 1000 degrees below zero. Now my face and legs feel like they are on fire but it’s only a half mile to go, so I push on. I now have to dodge security and blockades all down the Pennsylvania Ave….lucky I didn’t forget my badge, oh wait, ah here it is. 10 minutes later I am at my building and shocked that my coffee didn’t freeze solid. My math may have been off on the temperature calculation.

I am now frozen; face burning worse than any ski trip wind burns I have received before. I get into the elevator and look up into the mirrored ceiling to confirm my face is still there, it is, but is a very nice shade of pink. 7th floor, I’m here. I walk down the hallway turn into my cube where a coworker asked why I’m here. What do you mean “Why am I here?” Oh, no my heart sinks…today is my work from home day! I got up 3 hours early and came here for nothing. Happy Friday!!!!

I’m taking the train home where my wife will pick me up and take me to get my car. I must be a constant source of amusement to her.

Podcasts are coming everyone, will be recording this weekend.

Thanks for checking in and God Bless.

No comments: